Welcome to Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pacific Rim

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

CCS Associate GM for Non-Combat

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts
  • LocationChicagoland, IL, USA

Put your Pacific Rim thoughts here. But read this glorious article first: The Visual Intelligence of Pacific Rim.

Coolhand

Coolhand

Coolhand and Breaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSydney Aus

I loved the movie personally. For most of the reasons stated in that article. It's visual storytelling was just great. So many people seem to miss the point though.

Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts

That struck me as the point. I talk to people and feel as if they forgot who the director was, or maybe they never noticed that this has always been how he makes movies.

Perhaps it is kinda like suspension of disbelief. Visual story telling might be simply too far beyond the average viewer--not to suggest that they can't get it, but that, like suspension of disbelief, it can't be forced. The viewer has to will it, and the real art is getting them to do so with out them being aware you did it. Maybe robots the size of skyscrapers is just too much to ask?

schanze

schanze

Webmaster

• Administrators
  • 555 posts
  • LocationWashington

How many spoilers are in that article? I've yet to have the time to see the movie and I don't want anything ruined.

Coolhand

Coolhand

Coolhand and Breaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSydney Aus

if you haven't seen it don't read it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users