Welcome to Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AKB0048

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

CCS Associate GM for Non-Combat

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts
  • LocationChicagoland, IL, USA
https://mobile.twitt...292705736286208

schanze

schanze

Webmaster

• Administrators
  • 555 posts
  • LocationWashington

Assuming I'm reading into this correctly: all idols, all the time?

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts

"The story: at the start of the 21st century, an interplanetary war broke out. Earth's ecosystem was damaged, and humanity was forced to flee the planet. In this new society, things that "disturb the heart" like music and art are forbidden. 48 years later, a legendary idol group is resurrected as AKB0048. Labeled as terrorists, they must take up arms to defend their careers and their fans." —TVTropes

It should also be noted that the crazy fanboy brigade reciprocates. With glowstick missile massacres. And transforming car-mecha.

TVTropes lists one of the tropes for it as Autobots, Rock Out!

It also mentions Space Marines and 40k. And 1984.

And it's an AKB48 product, so yes.

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts

Did I mention that there are more explicit Macross shout-outs?

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts

"Let me protect you! You're my very first hater!"

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts

1014651_10100219728414322_1325724750_o.j

1053421_10100219728439272_1081037774_o.j

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts

1009080_10100227919938442_461108831_o.jp

Vertigo

Vertigo

• Game Masters
  • 275 posts

God damn it, as if I didn't have enough series on back log right now.  However, cute pop idols pulling off Itano Circus attacks.... kawaii.

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts

The official website has a glossary with some interesting facts. Their battle rifles? AK-48s. *rimshot* But that's not the best part. The best part? The official AKB0048 fan club / underground resistance / intelligence agency / military support, the WOTA, have a description that begins thus:

The parent organization of W.O.T.A. (World Over Technology Association) was, in the past, the research organization that first made faster-than-light travel possible.

A bit later it adds, "They too own battleships which, in true AKB0048 fashion, have had their appearance modified (much like an itasha)." Itasha battleships. I shit you not. I just wish we got to see one. T_T

I love how the translator dismisses certain notes on the concept art as interesting but irrelevant . . . when they turn out to be quite relevant to the two-part finale. :P

http://evetaku.com/b...b0048-glossary/

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts

I took snapshots of several mecha moments from the series climax and put all my stuff in one album. Here's the linkon the off chance I'm not the only one reading this thread. (Hosted on Facebook but using the "can view without signing in" album link, so this should work for anyone.)

https://www.facebook...=1&l=6857f8d209

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users