Welcome to Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Post Action Report

Episode 01

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Vertigo

Vertigo

• Game Masters
  • 275 posts

As predicted, the evac of the facility was uneventful.  Gulg and the base commander were evacuated on the first trip with the team's ground element.  The three mecha pilots stayed on station as Obsidian moved in its own recovery team.  Dwer's recon of the VF-11's crash point found an empty crater, albeit strewn with damaged armor plates and a horribly mangled shield.  The pirate ace had managed to limp away during the fight.

A few hours found everyone back aboard the Damask Rose.  Their mecha secured, the three pilots met back up with the rest of the team in a cramped storage room hastily converted into a briefing room.  Alexi had a modest table and chair set up with a projector, while everyone else stood shoulder to shoulder.  The projector hummed to life and projected Ops Director Russo's face along the wall.

"Good work, people.  Good, but not perfect.  We managed to recover all our personnel along with every government official taken hostage during this incident.  We did loose a lot of proprietary hardware, but that was beyond your control.  It seems these pirates were after more tangible resources than just ransom money.  The enemy shuttle managed to slip out under the radar, so to speak.  That isn't good, we need to be more watchful with that."

Eric groaned slightly, but shrugged.  Russo's tone made it clear that it was an acceptable oversight, nothing to be too concerned about.

"The ground team performed well.  Director Boa sends along his appreciation of your efforts, though there was a single complaint regarding..." Russo shuffled through some papers  "... proper securing of combat enviromnets.  I wouldn't sweat that either, he's just very particular for by the book actions.  Admirable in an engineer, unrealistic in a 'combat environment.'  Moving along, CCS is going to help cover some of the expense of the repair work, though this did allow us a more extensive refit for the drone control stations.  Also, good job on taking some of them alive.  The intel branch of the Obsidian Self Defense Force has them now and is questioning them for the location of their base of operations.  Which brings me to my last point:

"Obsidian has already started negotiations to extend the security part of our contract to both extend duration and scope.  You'll have about a day or two before we get you any solid orders regarding this change, in which time you'll meet with a civilian freighter we're sending with the rest of your equipment and supplies.  Take the time to rest up.  Don't be surprised if we are contracted to go hunt down the base of operations for the pirates in this system.  Until then, sit tight.  I turn everything over to you, Alexi, for an particulars you feel need addressing."

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

CCS Associate GM for Non-Combat

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts
  • LocationChicagoland, IL, USA

[OOC: It's occurred to me that this is going to make the most sense if I assume some things about the after-action process for CCS that we haven't actually established. This process may be subject to retcon/alteration once schanze's back and we've had time to discuss it.]

"Thank you, sir." Alexi took position front-and-center. Some of the people in the unit were new hires not yet trained in company procedure and Alexi's involvement was atypical of someone with his official job title, so he began with a little cluing-in:

"The ship ops team and I have audited your combat data and report and spoken to the air and ground team leaders, and, as Director Russo's positive review suggests, the Captain did not contradict the positive report Kes filed." The Unit and the Ship audited certain of each other's reports to prevent whitewashing and provide a second point of view when necessary. "That doesn't mean nothing went wrong, but it's nothing the company headquarters needs to worry about. A few of you had some hesitation problems, but that happens. The rules the ground commander laid out regarding semiautomatic fire and no damaging explosives were not rigorously followed and caused some incidental damage to the facility—fortunately confined mostly to the courtyard—which will be coming out of the offenders' paychecks." One of them was Natalya, who likely wouldn't care, but it would serve as a warning to others. "The Unit leadership will deal privately with people not following orders regarding mission loadout et cetera."

He paused, both to let that sink in and to smooth the transition between topics. "Speaking of loadouts, as most of you know, it's my job to facilitate the Unit getting the equipment it wants and needs. I've already spoken to Director Boa about what new capabilities Engineering is prepared to support, so now I'd like to open the floor to what people would like me to acquire as personal or Unit equipment."

Rallye

Rallye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Uhhg, what’s this yammering about? Not to much of his recollection, he found himself in the debrief, which was managed by dropping his equipment God-knows-where and following the general flow of traffic. The others were crisp and attentive, while he— the darkest sheep in the room— stayed disrespectfully slunk in the corner, instinctively repelled like a blade of grass intent on bending into the wind. Yeah, he’d been sly about it. Probably. None of them noticed when he became a hole in the background. It was all for naught thought, as the end goal had not been achieved, not even by a long shot. That’s why fingertips found themselves nursing an ever expanding rash on his upper arm. Ten FUCKING grand for a six shot foil and I get a bad dose. Seif Hammack, I don’t care if you are a 10th Dan— YOU ARE A DEAD MAN! The frigid wall slightly soothed the occipital throbbing, a side effect of either a bad designer or the sensitive and unstable composition. Through the fog he hoisted his attention into the room for the conversation. That guy was still talking.

“Speaking of loadouts, as most of you know, it's my job to facilitate the Unit getting the equipment it wants and needs. I've already spoken to Director Boa about what new capabilities Engineering is prepared to support, so now I'd like to open the floor to what people would like me to acquire as personal or Unit equipment.”

There was quiet. A long, uncomfortable quiet. If he was a comical man he’d have shattered it with flatulence, but since he wasn’t feeling quite himself he rose from the corner towards the exit in a pace so calm the air particles started to embog around him. He stopped in front of the man who was center stage, almost close enough to be uncomfortable. Widely dilated green orbs irradiated form behind his sepia strands as he managed to form crisp words from a sullen slurry of synapses.

Acquire everything you can afford. Roll the dice on the quality though, things start get interesting when your last fails to fire. If your still lost, start with better booze.”

His outline disappears through the doorway, traveling towards the MediStat.

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts

Alexi muttered, "Is is just me, or is he getting more incoherent with age?" He looked sideways, trying to catch the med staff's eyes and subtly indicate the retreating figure.

Aloud: "Heaven forfend I leave the med staff or Olga or any of the rest of you sans alcohol. Some days I'd go crazy without a drink myself. If there's anything else, catch me and we'll talk."

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts

Olga agreed that it was time to drink in the new members (excepting Monsieur Strange, who was already out the door) and produced a flask of Jägermeister. Only one shot per person, of course; they were still in an area subject to hostile action.

Vertigo

Vertigo

• Game Masters
  • 275 posts

Eric took the drink from Olga, thanked her, saluted the rest of the room, and downed it quickly.  "Now that's done, I'll go check up on some things.  Alexi" Eric said, giving the man a nod "just the usual for me.  Have the girls prepped and their software up to date and I'll be happy."

Rivel

Rivel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Nick nodded along at the briefing.  The explosives had certainly been effective, but what would they have done if the hostages had been split up?  What if someone was being moved as a bargaining chip?  They had been at least marginally lucky that no-one had been killed.

After the briefing, he got up and followed Alexi.  "If we're going after their base, do you mind my asking what my role will be?  It's been a while since I put on anything heavier than that camo-suit, I'd like some time to get re-acquainted, if possible."

Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts

Natalya dismissed a half a dozen disruptions. Her heart just wasn't in it. She'd faced death one again, and she was bored.

That bothered her more than anything else. She remembered the good old days when a life and death situation was good for some excitement. She'd made peace with the fact that there was no better drug in the world than pucker factor. Even the idea of a stiff drink wasn't helping to dismiss the concern. Though she wasn't sure if it was the idea or if it was the germanic soda-pop on offer.

One thing was clear. The party wasn't going to be found in this room and it seemed no one was required to attend. Maybe there was somewhere she could get a data link on this tub. She was wondering if she'd ever bothered to cash one of CCS's paychecks. She didn't remember doing so.

She pushed back her chair, and left the room, wondering where the thrill had gone to.

Coolhand

Coolhand

Coolhand and Breaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSydney Aus

Dwer was struggling to stay on his feet after being re-shrunk for the second time now. He had to admit the experience wasnt as bad as he thought and it had only improved the second time. Nevertheless his stomach was protesting violently and a great fatigue overcame him. Growing to eight times ones size would exhaust anyone. Kes seemed to handle it just fine however, this only gave him confidence that he too could adapt to the process.

Overall actually flying the -Rhea was a treat, he'd give it a few more flights before making a final call but he hadn't felt that pilots rush about a new aircraft for some time. Macronising was pretty trivial in the face of that.

"I'm....I think I'm going to go lie down for a few hours." he vocalised to the room and made his way to the door. Quola gave him a mischievous shove as he passed the threshold.

With a smirk the green haired Meltran turned back toward those few still gathered "He'll get used to it."

"If Uncle 'Lexi could rummage up some more crates of datachips, good ones this time." She gave Alexi a playfully menacing stare "That's about all I really need right now. Hrm, maybe some racing stripes for my Rhea would be nice."

She turned toward the door "If anyone wants me I have a date with the ships computer, Cap'n wants me to work a few kinks out; he mentioned something about a cat infestation, no idea what he could mean by that."

Giving her hair a flick for dramatic effect she made her exit.

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts

[OOC: This retcons my previous reply. Sorry.]

Alexi considered Nick's question for a moment. "Well, what's going to be useful depends on what sort of a base this is. On the power armor front, there's some talk of ordering EX-Gear; I could get you a ground combat version, unless you've been doing some flight training behind my back . . . ? The spare VF-171s wouldn't do you too much good if anything other than Battroid mode was needed, but you could always borrow a Queadluun-Rhea."

Rivel

Rivel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Nick started at the suggestion.  “You mean… Maclonize me?” he gawped.  “I mean, I heard that some of the pilots had done it, but I figured they must’ve been half-Zentran or something.  Is it really that easy?”

He started thinking about the idea.  “I mean, it would definitely be a way of contributing, if that’s the scale of firepower we need.  What’s involved?”

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts

"You'll have to ask Dwer what it's like. Just from looking at him, though, I'd say it screws with his sense of balance in some way the Zentradi must be immune to. I suppose you could ask the doctor if there's any way around that."

As he was speaking, Alexi made a mental note about Quola and custom paint jobs. Possibly not the one she was expecting, though. . . .

Rivel

Rivel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Nick still seemed a little wide-eyed about the whole thing.

"Yeah, I might do that." he said, and started going to make an appointment.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Episode 01

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users