Welcome to Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sometime aboard the Damask Rose (Natalya and Alexi)

Episode 01

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

CCS Associate GM for Non-Combat

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts
  • LocationChicagoland, IL, USA

Alexi sat in his office, reviewing the equipment requests for the new unit members.

Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts

Natalya didn't knock, she simply entered. She was annoyed enough at the man's interference. She didn't like the power games involved in meeting in his office. When was he going to figure out that they weren't in the Spacy anymore?

The game was on, however. Since there wasn't going to be a simple chat, then she'd play.

"Exactly what are you thinking you are doing to be interfering in my business?" Her tone was absolutely neutral. She might have  been asking the time of day. It was the kind of deadly reasonable affect that screamed "trap."

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

CCS Associate GM for Non-Combat

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts
  • LocationChicagoland, IL, USA

"Corporal" Shin—the rank had somehow stuck despite no longer being true, possibly because no-one besides Alexi could remember his first name—slipped out of the door as it closed behind Natalya. Alexi's office was a Spartan shoebox not designed for the number of people it now served, which pretty much described the entire converted commercial destroid carrier known as the Damask Rose. It was also one of the few basically private offices on the ship. This was for two reasons: (1) Vendors frequently required negotiations to be secret if the company was to receive the best discounts, and (2) Alexi reported directly to the ship's Captain and indirectly to the Procurement Manager back at corporate, so couldn't be forced to share space with anyone other than the lone subordinate in his chain of command.

It also made confrontations much easier, although most people didn't confront the guy there to facilitate them getting the custom equipment they wanted; most people were happy that he did so.

"Oh? I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you were making a private purchase for the racing team you own; I thought you were making a purchase meant to be used by our business, Mr. Tain's and Mr. Cameron's and President White's business, a business that employs us both: me in Procurement to handle exactly this sort of purchase and you in a combat Unit where you may make equipment requests either directly to me or indirectly through your Unit Lead, who will then make it to me."

Finance and Procurement were both quite willing to let others offset the company's equipment costs by buying their own. Engineering, however, was not willing to bend the laws of space and time to create unoccupied storage space on an otherwise full ship, nor was Logistics willing to create supply routes serviced by either magic or vendors that Security hadn't cleared and Operations hadn't given the ship's itinerary; something like a gun required merely making a note in someone's file for operational and insurance purposes, but a valkyrie or a squad's worth of EX-Gear was another matter entirely.

And for some reason Legal had a thing about not pissing off local authorities with weapons that had been purchased or were being employed in violation of local arms control laws. . . .

Edited by CrazyDreamer, 29 January 2013 - 06:44 AM.
Retouching the final paragraph(s)

Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts

"And what 'sort of purchase" is dis being?" Natalya asked, still in dangerously affable mode. "I am knowing you are keeping electronic records in your head, but since nothing I am doing at dhe time is being on public networks, you are not possibly knowing what I am buying."

She crossed her arms. "So you are not answering my question. Let me be rephrasing; are you tinking you are holding power of attorney for me? I am being certain I did not hire you for dhis. I am, oddly enough, retaining my own legal representation. Representation dat is being used to dealing with what I am doing. I am being with dhe company for a year now. It is not being my first party. And I am spending many years on dhe Vanquish circuit, which uses military grade weapons. It is not being everyone's interest, so I am not blaming your for not knowing."

She cocked her head to the side. "Your job is being to facilitate, da? As you are pointing out, your interests are being Mr. Tain's and Mr. Camero's, da? Am I looking like Mr. Tain or Mr Cameron? I am not, as far as I am remembering. I am Natalya Savastianovna Savitiskya, both in dhe sense of being a person and of being an entity 4 times dhe size of CCS. When you insert CCS into my business, you create problems for me, even if you make tinks Easily for Mr. Tain and Mr. Cameron, dough dhis is being debatable, seeing as you are still having to deal with my representation."

She dropped the fascade of being reasonable, leaning foward and letting a slight hint of her annoyance show. "Dhe world is not being black and white, and tings are not boiling down to what is being good for CCS is being good for all. If I am having need of your services I will be asking, after I am having advices from my people."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Episode 01

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users