Welcome to Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mecha Sizes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Vertigo

Vertigo

• Game Masters
  • 275 posts

Just a little video with all the various sizes of mecha and other things for references.

2:45 and 6:30 are for CD. (heh, the preview shows exactly what I mean)

5:45 and 6:51 are for Shade.

And as a point of matter, just realize that all those nifty VFs we all pilot are bigger than Optimus Prime.

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

CCS Associate GM for Non-Combat

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts
  • LocationChicagoland, IL, USA

I remember this video. Kinda amusing how there's some obvious plateaus of common sizes.

Coolhand

Coolhand

Coolhand and Breaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSydney Aus

I'm going to assume Zendacross is supposed to be a knockoff of the Hyaku Shiki for comedic effect.

It amuses me that both Monster Hunter and Pokemon have entries here.

That was great.

Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts

Over 100 times larger than the universe?

How does it get a signal to its extremities?

Coolhand

Coolhand

Coolhand and Breaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSydney Aus

It sort've gives the middle finger to reality at that point in its existence. Or just about any point really, but especially at that point.

Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
I gathered. But these are the questions that spring to mind.

Too much Cosmos.

Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
Also, I haven't stopped listening to that second song all day.

Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
Also disappointed that Macross didn't get a later gen VF on the list. They are taller. And did I miss it or did they omit the Monsters?

Vertigo

Vertigo

• Game Masters
  • 275 posts

They omitted the Monster, among other mecha and series (what, no Hardsuits or Moto-slaves from BGC?).  Limited amounts of space on the video, I assume.  As to Super Tegan Toppa Gurren Lagann, it works because its fueled by the totally awesome power of the Spiral (and manly combining, watch the series).  Even for a mecha anime, its over the top, and the two movies are even more so.  It beats out Ideon for ridiculous weaponry levels (you did see the drill at the end of the video, right?).

<-- song with lyrics.

I also find it funny certain comparisons in there.  I can't shake the image of a VF-1 drop kicking Metal Gear Rex.  Or, sad to say, that I didn't know the Death Star II was over 6 times bigger than the original Death Star.  Or that there is a Magical Girl bigger than the Moon. 

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

CCS Associate GM for Non-Combat

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts
  • LocationChicagoland, IL, USA

Yeah, the Death Star size thing isn't talked about a lot.

Hardsuits and to a lesser extent Moto-Slaves are power armor rather than robots or piloted vehicles.

Not sure why the Infinity Silhouette is in there; it's a fusion (or possibly summon) form, not mechanical. Of course, this just proves how weak the Heartcatch team was; the FIRST PreCure team took on an embodiment of entropy and death the size of a planet without getting a size upgrade. More than once. (Okay, so they had help from its equal-and-opposite number, but still.)

Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
And I thought Diebuster was ridiculously huge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users