Welcome to Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

General Discussion

GenDis

• Please log in to reply
683 replies to this topic

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

CCS Associate GM for Non-Combat

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts
  • LocationChicagoland, IL, USA
Not sure if GenDis is an appropriate thing under the new architecture, but anyway:

The management (read: I) would like to remind you that cat-people are canon in our game due to the existence of the Ts'ver'al. We (read: Schanze) suspect that this was due to Sound Force getting crap past the radar because Sound Force was like that.

No, you can't play one.

Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
Actually, that was me, and these cat people are not particularly cute.

So, no. Neko are not cannon.

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts
We'll decide what's canon for our game, but yeah, I was making fun of their existence.

Personally, I think that this falls into the category of "still canon, but let us never mention this again." Y'know, like space whales. Or the-bad-guy-who-shall-not-be-named.

Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
I have no regrets on that point :)

And I plan to mention the space whales in every post.

Abaddon

Abaddon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Oh goody you gave me a piano!

schanze

schanze

Webmaster

• Administrators
  • 555 posts
  • LocationWashington
Cats (read:Tubby) are entirely permissible per Admin (read: my) fiat.

Also: Sound Force got a lot of crap under the radar. I loved them for that.

Abaddon

Abaddon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Cats (read:Tubby) are entirely permissible per Admin (read: my) fiat.

Also: Sound Force got a lot of crap under the radar. I loved them for that.

I disliked them for that.

....mind you I used to have a "canon is king" stick lodged up my ass.

Abaddon

Abaddon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
After completing my first IC post this is all I have to say.

DAMN THAT FELT GOOD!

Coolhand

Coolhand

Coolhand and Breaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSydney Aus
As a former member of Sound Force i can safely say i liked everything we did. Canon wasn't allowed to get in the way of fun. We got to fight aliens, rock out at concerts, get our asses whooped by said aliens. Good times.

On the converse i sometimes thought GP4 was too dark and serious for its own good, felt very not Macross at times.

Abaddon

Abaddon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
But they had a great love affair with pot-stickers!!!

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts
*puts on GM hat*

Okay, so I wasn't clear enough in my posts. Here's what's going on:

We are somewhere reasonably neutral in the various conflicts occupying the galaxy at the moment. Specifically, we are at a convention center with many of the other major PMCs (mercenary companies) trying to get someone to pay our employer for our services. (If you've ever been to a major convention's vendor/floor space, it's like that: We've got a booth, we're selling our wares.) "Someone" means a government or select corporate clients, at least in CCS's case, although there may be representatives of groups we don't want hiring us present in the crowd as well. Eventually we will have to deal with some of these representatives, simultaneously selling ourselves while screening out clients we don't want, but for now it's introductions time: Talk to each other, say something to the potential clients walking by, yell at the booth next to us, whatever.

One other important point that completely slipped my mind: The booth is officially being fronted by a woman from Marketing. We're the product. We're also there to answer questions that the non-military booth bunny can't. You can have an opinion on the woman and her performance, but you can't play her. (The GMs are reserving this NPC to ourselves for now.)

Of course, we're manning the booth in shifts, so some people are off-duty and meeting at the bar, probably getting ready to go over to the booth later.

Any questions?

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts
Side note: Because both sides from some conflicts are potential clients for both us and the other PMCs, it's entirely possible that the mercenaries at the booth/table next to you are going to be people you kill tomorrow . . . or vice-versa. More immediately, they are your direct competition for getting hired by a client. These facts may be worth exploring.

Vertigo

Vertigo

• Game Masters
  • 275 posts
Anyone seen Area 88? Think similar to that, without the indentured servitude part. Or pilots getting shot while parachuting. Maybe that last part. Depends on my mood. :)

" (The GMs are reserving this NPC to ourselves for now.)"

Hehehe... ecchi thoughts. Sorry, could not resist myself.

Seriously, some other points to consider:

This game is intended to be episodic in nature. There will be "villians of the day" episodes. Mecha combat, while very Macross-y and still happening, will not be the only focus. Some of you might have to talk or think without your gun.

Most of you sprung for the implant. This is VERY IMPORTANT.

Reiterating what CD said: the mercs standing at the booth next to you could be your enemies tomorrow... or your allies. Be careful what you say, who you piss off, and who you make friends with. CCS is in the business of making money by fighting their clients wars efficiently. They also have a reputation to maintain. Remember that on mission you not only represent CCS but also CCS's client.

Coolhand

Coolhand

Coolhand and Breaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSydney Aus
What about those who didn't spring for the implant/ have in character reasons for not wanting the implant?

Vertigo

Vertigo

• Game Masters
  • 275 posts
Nothing at all. Play on. Eric doesn't have the implant either.

Abaddon

Abaddon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Implant?

Coolhand

Coolhand

Coolhand and Breaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSydney Aus
Cybernetics, we had the option to buy a cognitive implant basically. Mostly for those people who are in the information gathering end of things,

Abaddon

Abaddon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Da hell........

CD I'm going to need to IRC explaining on this one, I just stepped out of what I have any idea about.

schanze

schanze

Webmaster

• Administrators
  • 555 posts
  • LocationWashington
I'll be on in a minute.

I designed the thing so I have a general idea of how it works.

CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer

• Game Masters
  • 1344 posts
FYI: Vert has given a good IC reminder that most of you met back in the Spacy at a minimum, but most of you also didn't join CCS yesterday. At least, not according to your own c-sheets. Here's what I've gathered from the approved c-sheets y'all submitted (including relevant NPCs):

X July 2054: Olga & 12 brothers

> 5 August 2054: Jo [indeterminate time later]

X August 2054: Kes [negotiations begin; sign-up is possibly later]

1 January 2055: Alexi & Shin

This is the cutoff point for "early" sign-ups. People with indeterminate sign-up dates, particularly those who were drawn to CCS by other PCs (directly or indirectly) certainly had to come after the batch above signed up. Here's what I've got for later sign-ups that do occur in specific time-frames:

X January 2055: Quola

X XXX 2056: Natalya [begins looking; sign-up is possibly later]

"late" 2056: Tommy

Everyone else is indeterminate. However, there are two other dates to keep in mind:

Aug 2057: Kes is given the Unit Lead position aboard the Damask Rose following the loss of the previous unit during reentry maneuvers.

Sep 2057: Start of M2057 Game.

So.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users